Only users with admin rights can access 'General settings', within this section, administrators can change certain Trail features across their organisation depending on how they wish to use the system. This section is divided into nine sub-sections:
- Identifiers - manage settings for tags used to distinguish items i.e. RFID tags, barcodes and custom identifiers.
- Items - manage settings for the calendar and reservation settings of equipment.
- Maintenances - manage settings for planned and ad-hoc maintenance.
- Models - manage settings relating to models.
- Notifications - manage settings related to the notifications Trail users receive.
- Rentals - manage features that make it easier to rent equipment outside your organisation.
- Reservations - manage settings for equipment reservations.
- Scanning - manage settings for scanning item identifiers (i.e. barcodes and RFID tags).
- Widgets - manage widget settings for the homepage.
Reconfiguring 'General settings'
- Click 'Admin' located on the right-hand side of the main menu bar at the top of the page, and then click 'General settings' from the drop-down menu.The 'General settings' page will load and you will see the following headings:
- Click on the heading that you wish to reconfigure from the top of the page, or alternatively use the free text search box to search for the setting you would like to change if you know what it is called.
- You will see a list of the settings you are able to change, each has a description of what it does below the title.
- Slide the toggle on the right-hand side of the setting to the left or right to activate or deactivate it.
- Continue through the setting headings as required.
Note: Caution should be exercised when changing any settings as any changes will be applied across your organisation and therefore have consequences for all users.