Trail sends notifications/reminders in certain occasions to Trail users emails. This instruction goes through current notifications and how users can receive them.
- Trail sends notification if reservation is late and items have not been returned on time.
- Notification will be sent to the user's email daily around 13:00 (Finnish time).
- This possibility can be turned on and off from Trail’s general settings.
- This notification possibility can be turned on and off from Trail’s general settings.
- Each reservation created by a user with 'reader' rights is required to be accepted by a user with 'editor' access rights.
- Email notifications will be sent to responsible user right after reservation was created.
Reservation’s sales module
- Separate functionality in Trail.
- Trail sends notification when an offer has been closed or invoiced.
- Reserved by user will get notification right away.
- Trail sends notification to defect report’s ’Assigned to’ user, users who have been added to item’s department and location information and to item’s own responsible user, when defect report has been created.
- If the schedule of defect report will be changed, the users who have reserved the item, will get notification of this right away. Notification will be received if the item is in a state of ”planned” or ”read out”.
- Defect report notifications will be received right away.
- If scheduled maintenance has not been started on time, Trail sends notification to the item's responsible user and to user’s added to item’s department and location information.
- Reminder notification will be sent daily around 13:00 (Finnish time).
- If the ’alert threshold’ limit is reached, Trail sends notification to users added for its department and location information.
- Notification will be sent daily around 13:00 (Finnish time).
- Consumables that have not been added to any department or location, will not be included to alert threshold limit. This means that users may receive notifications daily, if the amount threshold is much higher than needed for their own department and location.
Item’s expired lifespan
- Trail sends notification when an item's lifespan has been passed.
- Notification will be sent around 13:00 (Finnish time).
- Notification will be sent to item’s responsible user, and users added to item’s department and location information.
- Notification will be received when transport has been started and marked to be ended.
- Users added to transport’s ’On behalf of’ field will receive notification right away.
- If the project's state or resources' state changed, Trail sends notification to producer and recoursers.
- Notification will be sent right away.
- This is a hidden setting that can be added, if the organization is using Projects -module.
Notifications to phone
- User can receive notification of late reservation to their phone
- This requires that user has installed Trail app to their phone and has logged in.
- This setting can be turned on and off for each user separate on their own Trail user profile.
Location and department based notifications
- There are multiple ways to define who will get notification in Trail. Notification can be sent to assigned to -users, responsible users, but also if user's email has been added to item's department or location information.
- Open Admin - 'Department' or 'Locations' view.
- Open 'Edit' view.
- Type user's or users email addresses to notification emails.
- Receives all: Users will get all the notifications mentioned above that are part of that department or location.
- Late reservations: Users will receive notifications for all late reservations that are part of that department or location.
- Overdue maintenances: Users will receive notifications for all the items where scheduled maintenance has not bee started on time and are part of that department or location.
- You can separate emails with space, row, comma and semicolon.
- Remember to save change.