Users / Adding a new user
To manage users you must be an 'Admin'. User rights and permissions can be set when the user is created but can also be changed at any point after this has been done. Users can either be given individual rights and assigned to specific departments or assigned to user groups. Assigning to user group will provide the user with access to the departments associated with that group along with any specified permissions.
Adding a new user
- Click 'Admin' located on the right-hand side of the main menu bar at the top of the page, and then click 'Users' from the drop-down menu.
- Click the 'New user' link located in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Under 'Profile' fill in the applicable user information.
Note: The email, first name, last name, and password fields are mandatory.
Under ' System Options', select the language required and choose if the user needs to be sent system notifications (if function has been enabled by your organisation).
- Assign the neccersary user rights, or alternatively, assign the user to a user group (user groups must be created in advance).
Note: Individual user's rights are governed by the broadest rights principle. This means that a single user can be granted more rights than the user group's rights would allow (such as access to multiple sections or more customisation rights), but the users privileges can not be lesser than the groups rights.
For more information about user groups click here.
- If you have not assigned the new user to a user group or groups, tick the departments the user needs access to under 'Departments'.
Note: Users will only be able to see the items, maintenances and reservations linked to the department(s) you assign to them.
- Click 'Create' located in the bottom left-hand corner of the page.
User list icons
- The label icon resets the user's password. The user will get an email with instructions how to change their password. Use this function always when creating a new user.
- The icon with a pen and paper will open the edit view of the user.
- The trash can will deactivate the user. You can search for deactivated users from the advanced search.