Departments determine the visibility of equipment information to different Trail users. Users can only see items that belong to the departments the user has been given access to. Only admin users can manage and create departments, if you require a new department and do not have admin permissions, you will need to contact someone within your organisation who does.
Creating a new department
- Click 'Admin' located on the right-hand side of the main menu bar and then click 'Departments' from the drop-down menu. Check that the department you wish to add does not already exist in order to avoid duplication, by scrolling through the list of existing departments.
- Click the 'Create a new department' link located in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Fill in the general information section for the department and select the categories you would like to be linked to that department.
- Note: Add user email addresses to the 'Email' field if you would like them to receive notifications regarding due maintenances and new defect reports of items that belong to this department. A custom code can be added to the department if needed.
- Click 'Create' located in the bottom left-hand corner of the page.
Editing a Department
- Click 'Admin' located on the right-hand side of the main menu bar and then click 'Departments' from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll through the list and click on the name of the department you wish to edit. You can also click the edit icon on the right hand side of the department list.
- Make the necessary changes.
Note: If you make changes to the categories related to a department, users with access to that department may no longer be able to see items linked to that category or its sub-categories.
- Click 'Save' located in the bottom left-hand corner of the page.